Sunday 28 June 2009

Studio Diary: Sunday, 28th June; Day 6


I woke late and played PlayStation until 4pm; 'as the enemy evolves, so must [i]' apparently...

I arrived at Denis' and began straight away, recording guitar for Song 2 up until around 6pm. Theo left to go to a restaurant with his family; I left to see Andreas and we popped down the seafront for an ice cream. I then went home to Heinz spaghetti and showered before heading back to Denis'. Denis in the meantime had recorded his guitar and now Mario was present to do his bass. All instruments down, it was 'Victory Pint' time. Mario was tired though so did not join us. We watched some Blogotheque before heading down.

I feel I need to take a timeout to link you to the GREATEST site ever made:

http://www.blogotheque.net/spip.php?page=cae_all〈=en

Delta Spirit FTW
Magistrates FTW

Theo then spent the next 2 hours 'talking' to his girlfriend on the phone somewhere while me and Denis sat ripping yarns. We made plans about next recording sessions before heading to Maccy Ds for munch. One euro burgers ftw! Theo's conversation turned out to be too important for him to be able to drop and drive me and Denis' back to the 'studio' so we walked back at 1 in the morning. I gave an extended interview on Folk Week for Two Weeks during the journey.

It is now 3 in the morning and I am watching an old school gangster film called 'The Long Good Friday' that my dad has made me watch. Bob Hoskins is gangster and the soundtrack is horrific.

No comments: