Thursday 13 August 2009

Studio Diary: Monday + Tuseday, 10th + 11th August; Day 23 +24


These days involved fixing up Batt so that it was ready for vocals come Wednesday. I was not present since I had flu over the weekend and now have tonsillitis; my body obviously seems to find it amusing to screw me over at this point in time. I know these sessions at Denis’ involved Mario doing bass and Theo doing a guitar.

Monday night Blynd and Quadraphonic played at DMC club in Larnaca, which we weren’t able to attend but word of mouth claims it to be a show of complete and utter perfection. Awesome bands to watch and play with!

Tuesday night we saw Life Plan Set, after we had blown the fuck out of some Nazi Zombies in Call of Duty. During the game we saw the words ‘you must ascend from darkness’ in blood (obviously) and on the wall (again, where else would it be) and Denis thought it would be a good name for a song. I see a pattern emerging here, anyone?

Life Plan Set (ex Ikon) put on an amazing show; covers of TV on the Radio, Grizzly Bear, SSLYBY. We left afterwards, the guys to go swimming and me to go home, since the smoke in the venue was destroying my throat and constantly felt like I was eating dick.

1 comment:

Paul Burgess said...

No mention of the sound quality on the PS3.
Does feeding the Sp?DIF via a high end Kimber cable into a customised DACMagic nothing for kids nowadays. Blah blah blah.