Wednesday 1 April 2009

TWO days until Austria! (I hate mario)

























It is midday. Exactly.
We arrived at Denis' an hour ago.
Theo is playing piano so we can work out how long the gap is before the drums come in.

Mario and Theo went to a rave last night, whilst Denis and I stayed home.
We had arranged to have practice at 7.00 am the following day (i.e. today).

My phone rang and woke me up at 11.00 am and I left for band practice. In the elevator, 4 hours late, Mario told me of how last night was cool; they left at 5.00 in the morning and Mario's friend puked all over his car. Theo on the other hand said that despiteonly getting 4/5 hours sleep, he felt great and wide awake.

Denis' room is a mess. We are now working on Song 2 and then we need to make Song 4 and the intro. THEN we are finito. Lineup practice tomorrow and we are off. We are going to take a break for lunch. I will continue the blog when I get back...

* * *

[even though no one is going to read it, it's nice to live in ignorance... Theo is teaching me how to talk English at the moment, and I keep pressing the mouse accidentally, destroying the progress I have made in the blog, but why even bother, I could write ass 4 million times and no one would care, because nobody reads this, it only matters to me, even the band couldn't give a shit, because they're too busy doing insignificant stuff, like making music... but hey, I'm here with my crowd of none, itching my balls while my guitar rusts.] this is Theo's doing.

* * *

Okay, finishing the blog now because I forgot about it.
After lunch I arrived back before the others. Denis showed me a variation in our current chord progression which pretty much rocked the hell out of what we played before. Then taught Mario it who arrived shortly after I did. We had agreed to meet up again at 3, it was now 3.30 and Theo was nowhere to be seen, with his mobile switched off. We then fixed the intro track, completely butchering Theo's original.

Now: Intro, Cairo, Song 1, 2, 2 and a half, 3, and New Song were complete.

All that was left now was Song 4. We had put it off for ages, and now that Austria is literally 2 days away we had to face it. Basically we ended up cutting it into two. The beginning now an Interlude where we simply have a jamming session on stage. Sounds pretty neat with xylophones and tambourines and loops and everything! And then basically the rest of the song is Song 4 and its ALL heavy.

Theo decided to turn up at 7.00 pm.
We were all pretty knackered and I left soon after, and the others did too after me.
Again, a lot done today. Tomoroow is the last time!

Michael xx


No comments: